We are committed to incorporating sustainable earth policies and practices in the running of our inns, vacation rentals and the spa. To that end, we have implemented the following changes and will continue to make advances in our endeavor to be an eco-friendly business.
- All cleaning agents and chemicals used to clean guestrooms have been replaced by all natural, environmentally safe products. We use no bleach, dyes or perfumed detergents in our laundry and are searching for a truly effective and bio-degradable laundry soap at the moment.
- We encourage guests to keep towels and linens for up to three days in an effort to reduce water consumption. Only hand towels and wash cloths are replaced daily, unless otherwise desired by our guests.
- All new appliances purchased are energy and water-efficient models.
- Our gardens are watered with a drip system to further reduce water consumption.
- Our spa has its own water treatment system, allowing for the continual circulation and cleaning of water. An environmentally correct bath in the desert!
- We recycle all allowable glass, paper and plastic.
- Wherever possible, we use compact fluorescent light bulbs, which use 1/3 the energy of incandescent bulbs. These compact fluorescent bulbs are then recycled. Motion detector lights are used wherever possible to eliminate the waste of all-night outdoor lighting, though path lights are still used for added safety.
- All toilets have been replaced with low-flow toilets, and all faucets and showers have flow restrictors, allowing for a comfortable and water-efficient shower.
- Our stationary is printed on recycled paper, using soy-based ink.
- In an effort to eliminate the waste of small plastic amenity bottles, we have placed dispensers in each bathroom which are filled with all natural soap, shower gel, lotion, shampoo and conditioner.
- Paper cups have been replaced with glass or plastic cups, and bottled water has been replaced by filtered water.
- We use only earth-friendly and non-toxic fertilizers in our gardens.
- As rooms are re-painted, we use only environmentally-responsible paint products (no VOC's used).
- Our gardens are irrigated using the inn's greywater.